Question re relationship wth builder
From: Martie Weatherly (mhweatherlyearthlink.net)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 06:30:12 -0700 (PDT)
Question from Liberty Village in Maryland:
We are 18 homes with 10 lots platted and ready to build 5 duplexes. Our builder
retired and we are finding another builder. We will sell the lot to the
prospect and they will contract with the builder for the house. We will not be
building all at once but one duplex at a time when there are two prospects
ready to build.

For communities who have built in a similar way, what relationship did you have
with your builder? Did you contract with them as the builder and then be
involved in the pricing to be sure it is good for the owner? Or did you leave
the owner to interact directly with the builder? We obviously will need to be
involved in finding prospects and in coordinating with the buyer and builder
but we have a difference of opinion as to how much we should be involved. We
would like to work with one builder who we feel understands our community and
can give us the features that we want in our homes.

I have not been on the cohousing-l for awhile. Good to be back.

Martie Weatherly
Liberty Village