Bylaws and investments
From: John Richmond (johnrichmond50hotmail.com)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 06:50:06 -0700 (PDT)
Hello everyone --

At Richmond Cohousing we are at a major inflection point. We are now in serious
talks with a developer and are attempting to finalize our bylaws. Two questions
for now:

1. In the beginning of a cohousing group's history, should it have a
substantially different set of bylaws for pre- and post- move-in times (i.e. a
non-HOA-type set before and more HOA-like bylaws after move-in?)

2. How did your group handle allowing people who invest in developments upfront
to be paid back their initial investment such that founders and non-founders
ended up paying equal proportions of development costs? Was this even
identified as a concern in your group?

Thanks --

John Richmond

Richmond Cohousing