Re: Bylaws and investments
From: drmaryanngroups (drmaryanngroupsmac.com)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 10:12:30 -0700 (PDT)
One of the things we did early on was put together a policies and procedures
document we call The Villagers Guide. Almost 10 years ago now, when we had to
revise our CC&Rs and By Laws (we're an HOA in the eyes of the state), we
defined all three documents, CC&Rs, By Laws and Villagers Guide, are our
legally binding documents.

The CC&Rs and By Laws are written in "legalese" reflecting their origin with
our attorney, the Villager's Guide is in a more personal but still professional
style.

The CC&Rs and By Law can only be amended by a vote of the members of the HOA
(home owners). Some portions of the Villager's Guide are the responsibility of
a single committee that can make changes as necessary, information about common
meals, for example. Other portions have been approved by consensus of our
members and require a new consensus for revisions.

This "three-legged stool" has worked well for us. If you'd like a copy of our
Villagers Guide, it's available for a nominal fee from our website:
http://www.manzanitavillage.com. Just click the Buy Now button on the right
side of the page.

Mary Ann
Manzanita Village where we're enjoying the summer monsoons