subject revisited: cheap buildings
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 05:50:45 -0700 (PDT)
Here at Mosaic Commons, our original plans included two common buildings
that were not built during initial development because we needed to cut
costs. (One a shared "home office" building for our several members who
have home businesses, and the other a workshop.)

I'd still like to see us have those buildings someday!  The space is open
and sitting there, waiting...

I'd like to hear of any community experiences with adding buildings.  How
did you fund it?  What choices did you make (or consider and reject) on how
to build "on the cheap"?

The discussion a few days back on trailers/manufactured homes was
intriguing...does anyone use a trailer for common use?  Seems like we could
buy a used doublewide for under $10K!  Would that be insane here in the
bitter cold Northeast?

What about those hideously ugly but cheap metal "kit" buildings?

Diana