Re: divorce in cohousing
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 18:30:58 -0800 (PST)
On Feb 10, 2014, at 9:06 PM, Doug Huston <huston [at] ashlandcoho.com> wrote:

> The intention behind this is to insulate the community (to some extent) from
> the common challenges, stress, and tensions which usually accompany
> break-ups, and would likely be heightened if both parties remain formally
> involved in community activities.

I would suggest the need for a general policy on conflicts between members and
in the community. In a condominium if the person who moves out still owns all
or part of the unit, they can't be barred from homeowners meetings. Roommates
can cause equal problems by refusing to move out.

I think it is too complicated to try to write a policy for any specific problem
but easier to have a conflict resolution process that can be initiated by any
member of the community for any reason.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines