Re: Use of email
From: Jim Mayer (jimpentastich.org)
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 09:43:28 -0800 (PST)
I completely agree with Rod and others that email is great for getting work
done, exchanging information, stories, etc.

Interestingly, what Rod picked up out of my note is not what I was trying
to say!  However, because Rod is clearly a skilled email user and quoted my
note appropriately, I still understand where he is coming from.

My main point was that email messages benefit from more thought and
formality than they often get.  The reason for that is that the "feedback
cycle" of an email conversation is longer and more variable  than for face
to face communication.

That is not bad, it's just different!

Jim