Re: divorce in cohousing
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 08:00:35 -0800 (PST)
On Feb 12, 2014, at 11:00 AM, Lyle Scheer <wonko [at] monkeyhouse.org> wrote:

> To have an ex that is shunned by some portion of the community while
> living right next door is a terrible situation, confusing for the kids,
> and I would not wish it on anybody.

Having been through this outside of cohousing, I just want to add some balance.
This happens everywhere when there is a change in primary relationships.
Churches, families, friends, clubs, neighborhoods, etc. Often both members of a
couple want to stay in the same neighborhood to share children more easily and
for the children to remain in their own neighborhood.

There are surely some guidebooks out there on how to handle this. It isn't a
situation that is exclusive to cohousing.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC