Re: divorce in cohousing
From: Karen Scheer (karenmonkeyhouse.org)
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 08:56:57 -0800 (PST)
Good questions, Sharon. The reaction of this community to conflict says more
about the tendency of some individuals to try to control life under the guise
of doing what they think is for "the good of the majority."

Were a "divorce policy" to be put in place it might actually help insulate
others from joining a group that would try to dictate other people's lives to
this extent.

Understanding this helps me to not take all this personally.  Unfortunately, I
did not realize the true nature of this group until I had already invested
myself and my family and leaving was too difficult.

The impact this has had on me and my family has been enormous.  I hope that
lessons have been learned by all and no one else will have to go through such a
painfully intrusive experience.   But, unfortunately, I think that the heart of
the matter remains in the shadows.

-Karen Scheer
Ashland,  OR