Re: helping owners sell
From: David Bygott (davidbygottyahoo.com)
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 07:30:04 -0700 (PDT)
Most owners will want to sell through an agent, and agents may not appreciate
what they see as "interference". Yet from the community's POV it is vital to
attract buyers who are interested in cohousing, or have at least heard of it.
Things we have tried at Milagro, Tucson, where we still have two beautiful
homes for sale, include:
- Publicizing availability in every cohousing forum (as I am doing here);
- Revamping our website to be attractive to potential buyers and featuring the
homes prominently, with a box about cohousing beside each ad - for example, see
milagrocohousing dot org;
- Word of mouth - telling friends and relatives about this great opportunity;
- Keeping our community attractive and tidy, and homes well maintained;
- Holding "open days" and inviting realtors and the public, with delicious
snacks, kids playing happily outside, and our most enthusiastic members giving
tours.
- In cases of 'sale by owner' we can also help by always having someone on hand
to show the house to prospective buyers, if owner can't be present.

The best-laid plans can,and do, go astray, but all we can do is try!

David Bygott
Milagro Cohousing, Tucson AZ