Insurance
From: Sandy Thomson (sandykthomsongmail.com)
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 06:29:33 -0700 (PDT)
We are a rural Cohousing community that has various Ag businesses working on
our land and we are having a hard time finding an insurance company to insure
us.  It seems there are farm policies and HOA policies but nothing that covers
someone who does both.  We have a very small dairy that sells raw milk to
community members and a few outside the community.  We have someone producing
eggs for the community and a few outside the community.  We have someone
producing pork that goes to a USDA approved butcher for processing and he sells
inside and outside the community as well.  Those are all members and then we
lease some land to someone who is not a member who grows vegetables for us and
others in the larger community.  All these operations are small.  We would love
to continue to produce food on our Cohousing owned land but this insurance is
starting to be a real obstacle.  What do other communities do that have
something like this.  PLEASE let me know we are running out of options.
Thanks,
Sandy