On talking with Community Development Organizations
From: aaron michels (aaron.michelsgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 12:41:14 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,

I'm a quiet lurker most of the time, and love the list. I used to be a
resident of Mariposa Grove in Oakland, CA, and am now part of a group
trying to develop a community in St. Louis, MO. (We've recently
provisionally named that group Winding Rivers.)

I have a question for you all. I've occasionally been talking with
Community Development Organizations in the area, and have spoken from my
anecdotal experience at Mariposa Grove about the benefits to neighborhoods
of having an intentional community as an element. I was wondering if any of
you have good resources for having those conversations. Are there any
metrics out there that I should know about? Or perhaps collections of
anecdotal information? I'm looking for info on things like neighborhood
stabilization or other city-planning level impacts of cohousing or
intentional communities; something to bolster the pitch to planners and
neighborhood associations.

Thanks,
Aaron Michels