Re: AirBnB in Cohos?
From: Allison tom (allison.tomtelus.net)
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 10:38:22 -0700 (PDT)
I currently live in my own home and have a fully furnished rental suite in my
home that I rent on short & medium term agreements. So my Airbnb experience is
not cohousing.  But I've stopped listing through Airbnb because they block &
limit communication between owner & renter so aggressively.

Theoretically you can email through their system and even talk on the phone
through their system before you agree to rent. But they will intercept any
email that has anything that looks like private email addresses or phone
numbers.   And the few times I have tried to use their system to talk to
prospective renters they've blocked the connection.

What this means is that it's pretty much impossible to do a thorough vetting of
prospective tenants, and I can only imagine how much harder it would be to try
to communicate community values and rules through the Airbnb screening.

Allison Tom