Re: still happening...........
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 13:02:58 -0700 (PDT)
Hi John and all – – this is where we need some seed money to do some research
in Cohousing. This is the kind of data that we know are out there anecdotally
but we need some actual facts and figures to back up our belief that Cohousing
mortgages are strong mortgages and are worth investing in. There are number of
new cohousing communities coming online in the next few years and we sure need
a financial structure to make these mortgages secure for the future homeowners.
It's really distressing to get right down to the takeout mortgages and then
find out your shut out. The amount of financial grief that community members
who had to take because of the lack of mortgage money is as I said in a former
email painful and bloody.

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma village cohousing
Washington DC