Re: still happening...........
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 13:05:16 -0700 (PDT)
Sorry, did not mean that to sound like a lecture.  Even so, I would not advise
any sellers of today or groups forming now to try … concealing? … the cohousing
nature of their effort.  It strikes me as futile to seek to build community by
advertising the cohousing culture and lifestyle to candidate buyers, while at
the same time hoping that realtors and banks fail to notice this marketing
distinction.  Instead, my advice would be, Go find and cultivate lenders and
realtors who “get it”, and want to do business with and for a very credible and
favorable market segment.

Said another way:  If you can’t explain it to the professionals, how are you
going to explain to the average homebuyer?

But again, sorry for any tone that implied a lecture.  I certainly understand
that coming onto the market in 2008-09 could be an experience ranging from
painful to catastrophic.

RPD