Inter-generational age-in-place co-housing communities - are there any out there?
From: Jean Foster (jeanjeanfoster.org)
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 06:06:26 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,

I’m in my 60’s and have recently been struggling with caring for my own elderly
parents which has made me think seriously about how I want to spend the rest of
my life.

I did try searching through the list archives and came across some discussions
but didn’t find exactly what I was looking for:
Age and end my days in my own home and community
Ideally this would mean homes constructed to be accessible or easily made
accessible from the start as well as accessible common areas
Live in an inter-gen community (not senior-only)
The community helps provide support for elderly community members needs (the
way many communities provide space and activities for children, e.g. day care,
sitting co-ops, etc)
A plan for allowing the elderly continue to share responsibilities as their
abilities decline
+ everything else co-housing provides

Is there anyone out there already doing this or planning such a community?

thanks,
-jean-