Re: Common function areas in neighborhoods?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 19:08:28 -0700 (PDT)
> On Aug 30, 2015, at 8:56 PM, Rick Gravrok <rick.gravrok [at] gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I had this idea years ago, what it every block in every city had one house
> & lot (donated by the city?!) for  daytime child care, home schooling
> classes, gardening and a play area/sandbox, with a garage where folks could
> work on cars, bikes, etc.

On a less ambitious scale, there have been communities developed around these
centers since the 1920s. They call them community centers. In one community in
which I lived the various community centers had a theater challenge each year.
Each one put on a  play. I don’t know how they decided who won.

Homeowner associations facilitate these activities and collect fees to maintain
them.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines