Re: Common function areas in neighborhoods?
From: Alice Alexander (alicecohousgmail.com)
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 07:03:50 -0700 (PDT)
Such a wonderfully simple and accurate phrase from Phil. As I was giving my
up-tenth tour of Durham Coho yesterday - to folks from forming Charlotte
Cohousing - one gentleman thanked me for relating how the architecture
supports community - which is really what it is all about.

I grow tired of touring folks who just want to discuss the physicality of
our space, or how they personally could use the common space - all
opportunities to educate people about the benefits of intentional
community.

I do agree with Rick that common facilities can help build community, but
not in and of themselves.
Alice Alexander, Coho/US Executive Director