Re: Words I Wish We Used COMMON
From: Liz Ryan Cole (lizryancoleme.com)
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 13:37:43 -0700 (PDT)
I'd like to suggest that the term "common" is a wonderful word, which conveys
just the sense we'd like to convey as more and more people learn about
cohousing.

Just put new england town common in any search engine and you will see
thousands of images, many of which capture the sense of a central place used by
all for activities ranging from solitary nature watching to noisy games by
children, to community sales and farmer's markets, to music , etc. etc. - all
for individuals and groups.  Whether common house (as in Meeting House) or
common hall (as in Town Hall), I think the sense conveyed by Common is one
worth keeping.

liz

Pinnacle Cohousing (developing) and
Loch Lyme Lodge (approaching 100 years of welcoming guests)
Lyme, NH