Re: Words I Wish We Used
From: Jenny Guy (jenstermeistergmail.com)
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 12:34:28 -0700 (PDT)
I like the term common house, but when describing it to people unfamiliar
with cohousing, I  often call it the clubhouse.

I have a lot more trouble with the word Cohousing. I can't count the number
of people I've talked with who think cohousing means sharing a house,
having roommates. That's where I really feel the difference between
cohousing insiders and the uninitiated, and where I have to define the term.

Jenny Guy
Kingfisher Cohousing, Oakland Calif.