Quick Survey - Mandatory Participation in Common Meals
From: Mac Thomson (macthomsonme.com)
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 07:26:21 -0800 (PST)
Greetings Coho-L members. I’ve been off the list for a while, but I jumped back
on because our community (Heartwood Cohousing in SW Colorado) is considering
switching to mandatory common meal prep participation and I wanted to tap into
the wisdom and experience of the larger cohousing tribe.

I’ve searched the coho-l archives and read many helpful posts about the topic.
I also reviewed Joani Blank’s common meal survey results. I saw that Joani was
hoping to redo the whole survey in 2014, but I’m guessing that didn’t happen
since I couldn’t find any new results.

While all of that was helpful, I’d like to gather a bit more info through a
quick survey. I will compile the responses and send the results to coho-l.

Please respond to me privately at macthomson [at] me.com <mailto:macthomson
[at] me.com>.

======================
SURVEY

Does your community require members to participate in common meal preparation
and/or clean up (yes or no)?

How many common meals per week do you have?

On a scale of 1 - 10, how successful are your common meals?
(1 = very disappointing, pretty much sucks; 10 = super fantastic, amazing)

On a scale of 1 - 10, how cohesive is your community?
(1 = very disappointing, pretty much sucks; 10 = super fantastic, amazing)

What are the best things about your common meal program?

What are the worst things about your common meal program?

Other comments?

Thank you very much for your response!

Again, please respond to me privately at macthomson [at] me.com
<mailto:macthomson [at] me.com>.

======================

P.S. Community life at Heartwood is going great. We live in a beautiful part of
the country (Four Corners area). If you are ever near here, feel free to
schedule a stay at our common house or join us for a common meal.

--
Mac Thomson

Heartwood Cohousing
Southwest Colorado
http://www.heartwoodcohousing.com

"Planning is everything.  The plan itself is nothing."
         - Dwight Eisenhower