Re: Types of conflict in cohousing -- did I miss any?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 14:59:26 -0800 (PST)
A wonderful list. You might add lack of clarity in expectations. What is
expected or should be done in this case or that, isn’t clear. Long time
residents believe one thing but newer residents have been told something else.

I want to bang my head on the wall when we have fought off bikes (and other
personal items) stored in the basement for years. Then one long time resident
who feels sorry for new young residents, says just put it in the basement.
There is plenty of room.

I had cooked the turkey for Thanksgiving dinner for years so turkey wasn’t
included on the sign up sheet. Then a new person made the list and included the
turkey. Someone else signed up and no one caught the error until Thanksgiving
Morning — despite emails about purchasing the turkey and did people want an
organic turkey, and the turkey going in the oven the night before (slow
cooking), a new member was cooking his at home.

His wife walked into the CH Thanksgiving morning and smelled turkey. She was
very angry on his behalf and said why doesn’t anyone tell us these things. It’s
hard.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines