Soundproofing [was marketing Aria Cohousing in Denver to families
From: Bob Morrison (rhmorrisonaol.com)
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2016 18:21:48 -0700 (PDT)
  Thank you Beverly for starting this discussion about soundproofing between
stacked units. Here at Mosaic Commons we have two pairs of stacked units, all
1-br. Both pairs are in triplex buildings in which the third unit is a large
townhouse.
  The subfloor of the upstairs units is wood, without a skim coat of gypcrete.
When I was looking into buying a unit, I asked why the stacked units don't have
concrete floors. They said a concrete floor is economically unfeasible for this
small a building because the chase thru the floor to run plumbing, wiring, etc.
to the second floor would be too expensive. In a larger building, you can
spread out the cost of the chase over more units, so it becomes economically
feasible. Therefore, concrete floors between stacked units are common in larger
buildings.

Bob Morrison
Mosaic Commons Cohousing
Berlin, MA