Re: Budgets before finding a site
From: Susan Adams (sadams430gmail.com)
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2016 18:36:21 -0700 (PDT)
I certainly regret any misinterpretation of the figures I provided.  The
original request was as follows

*"Does anyone have a pro forma budget appropriate for BEFORE you purchase
property and begin construction?"*

The figures I provided were for our pre construction development.  Which is
the budget which was requested.  The figures came directly from Village
Resources, and I assumed that they were correct.

Construction costs are not included because we are still operating under
this budget. We have selected our site, but although we have an option to
buy we have not purchased the property yet.  We do not have our final plans
or costs yet.  I assumed that anyone looking at the categories in the list
would see that there are no construction costs included, and realize that
this is not a budget for the entire project.  I regret that I did not make
that clear.  (Actually, there IS an error in the pro forma budge that I
posted.  For some reason Village Resources included an estimated $100K for
a rudimentary Common House.  Since that IS a construction estimate, VR
should not have  included in this budget and I should have deleted it.

If that oversight misled anyone, I apologize.

We have received a great deal of helpful information from this list serv,
and I was simply trying to help a fledging group from the perspective of
another fledging group.

Susan