Re: Cohousing for Senior Artists - Request from CNN
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 04:37:05 -0800 (PST)
Alice forwarded the message below:

>My name is David, and I'm a producer working with Courageous, CNN's branded
>content studio. I'm working on a short branded documentary about senior
>artists, and I'm looking for some that live in co-housing. Do you know of
>any co-housing communities that have a particular emphasis on art? It
>seems like there are many in the planning stages, but I don't know if
>any have come to fruition yet.
>
>Any guidance or help you could provide would be much appreciated!
>
>Best,
>David Michael
>815-721-4362
>David.J.Michael [at] gmail.com

What got my notice was the use twice of "branded" --
"branded content studio" and "short branded documentary".
A bit of searching found this:

By Steven Perlberg
Jun 8, 2015 8:00 am ET
http://blogs.wsj.com/cmo/2015/06/08/cnn-courageous-branded-content-studio/
which includes:

>CNN is creating an in-house studio that will produce news-like content
>on behalf of advertisers, a move that reflects marketers’ growing
>desire for articles and videos that feel like editorial work.
>These undertakings often raise church-and-state questions about the
>divide between the editorial and business sides of a company.
>
>"This isn't about confusing editorial with advertising," said
>Dan Riess, executive vice president of integrated marketing and
>branded content at Turner.

Fred

--
Bassett Creek Cohousing, Minneapolis  http://mn.cohousing.org/bcrk/