Figuring out what land price is appropriate for project size and expected unit price
From: leenaree (leenareexmission.com)
Date: Tue, 9 May 2017 11:26:30 -0700 (PDT)

  We are trying to determine a price range for land parcels for our group.

For example, Let’s say you are looking at a parcel in a neighborhood where  3 bedroom, 1400 sq ft  townhomes are currently valued at $218,500, with land valued about $69,000 (though 1 sold 2 months ago for $262,000).  You expect to build 30 units evenly distributed between 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms, and want to add features like solar panels on at least the common house.

Is there any rule of thumb or formula for determining whether a parcel of land is affordable for your group, given a desire to keep the home prices comparable?

  Thanks

  Eileen McCabe, Tammany Commons, Snohomish County Washington