Hire Babysitters?
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 08:17:03 -0800 (PST)
Coho Folks —

At Cornerstone in Cambridge, MA, we greatly value the maximum participation of
everybody at our business meetings — most notably our monthly plenaries, but
also committee meetings as well.  But for our numerous families with small
children, parental participation is often a challenge for both single parent
AND two parent households.  Accordingly, we’re now looking at proposal to fund
babysitters during certain meetings, at a total annual cost estimated at $1700
(appx $53 per household).

My question is:  How do other communities liberate parents for meeting
participation?  Any details about your version of a babysitting pool?

Thanks,
Philip Dowds
Cornerstone Village Cohousing
Cambridge, MA