Re: Exploring meal and common space scheduling options
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 13:15:19 -0800 (PST)
> On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 3:52 PM, Joan Helfman <joanhelfman [at] gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi cohosing community,
>>
>> At Cambridge Cohousing, we’re exploring ways to make signing up for meals
>> and reserving common spaces

We have complicated room and parking reservations — several rooms in the CH
plus 2 guestrooms and 4-5 parking spaces whose owners don’t have cars. We also
use it for birthdays, team meetings, people traveling, meals, etc.

We use CalendarWiz and it works very well. We have a “category calendar” for
each space and kind of event, so they can each be viewed independently or all
together. For example, if you want to know when GuestRoom A is available, you
can see just room A. If you want both of them at the same time, you can view A
& B. The same for other rooms. There are settings for repeating events, rooms
where reservations can’t overlap, etc. Color coded. A lot of options.

Events can be downloaded and printed. They can also be downloaded to personal
calendars. I have it on my desktop.

It’s a full featured calendar with good support. You get what you pay for.
We’ve used it for years.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines