Re: extras for zoom meetings
From: Diana Stanley (lustylusty.org)
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 11:50:13 -0800 (PST)
We have done game nights on zoom, with both online games
(http://codewordsgame.com primarily) and games like trivial pursuit or boggle.
Over the holidays, we did a "yankee gift exchange" in which everyone deposited
a wrapped gift on a table downstairs, then several days later everyone picked a
gift from the table. Then on the day of the exchange in Zoom we broke into
breakout rooms where we did the exchange in smaller groups. Instead of handing
gifts to each other during the exchange, we tracked who "took" the gift last.
At the end we joined back up all together and everyone displayed the gift they
ended up with (which usually was in someone else's hands at that point). After
the game ended we delivered the gifts to the rightful recipient. It sounds a
bit complicated but our social events team did a masterful job organizing and
thinking through all the details. Everyone agreed it was a lot of fun.

For a while we had "story time", where one member would read something they had
written or some writing that they really appreciated. Now instead of "story
time" the organizer of that activity has switched to "Conversation Hour" with a
prompt sent out ahead of time for what people should be prepared to share about
themselves.

We've had two remembrance services over zoom, for members who passed (neither
due to Covid).

Diana
Phoenix Commons Co-Housing, Oakland, CA