3rd party payment platforms
From: Daniel Bothman (danlafiamma.com)
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 12:15:56 -0800 (PST)
i'm curious as to what 3rd party payment options other cohousings use for
members to pay dues?  we want to create another payment method for members
to pay their dues, but everyone has a different preference. we want to pick
one or two that have zero or low fees, offers the widest reach and has
good, clear tracking.   Zelle, Paypal, Googlepay, Applepay, Poppay, Venmo
and Quickbooks Payment are platforms that come to mind?

we currently accept checks (either from the individual or from their bank's
bill pay system, of if they are at the same bank, many do balance
transfers. several have requested an alternative method.

paypal is the most ubiquitous, but other than person-to-person... bank
account-to-bank account, it can charge fees. is there a way to 'lock it in'
to person-to-person and exclude credit card for payments to avoid fees?

saw on another thread that zelle is common with banks, though i have never
used/seen it and does not seem to be partnered with our bank.

what do you all use? and why did you settle on that one? do you offer more
than one?

bellingham cohousing