Re: Covid protocols
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 06:31:32 -0800 (PST)
--We have gone with big signs that say "wash your hands when you enter"
--a household has requested masks in the mail room (whether or not others
are present).
--We also had a building-knowledge-guy confirm that our air exchangers
exceed the recommended air transfers in all the rooms.
--And we require sign-up in advance to use the workout room so there is
only one household present at a time.
As best I can tell those four things seem to be pretty effective.
(We've had one case and it didn't spread in the community, or even within
that household.)

By not having too many restrictions we have been able to:
--have meals once a week (mostly to-go but sometimes 3 or 4 people stay and
eat, sitting at separate tables.)
--have several folk using the space for work (small houses means it's hard
to have two web conferences at the same time for two workers in the same
household.)
--Some families use the kids room as a way to get out of the house (one
household at a time I believe).
--A few families have combined for online school in the great room most
mornings (our school system is two days in person and two days at home.) I
think they've hired a tutor to help with that.
--A few kids have combined to create our "commons cafe." They bake and we
come to buy treats on a Saturday or Sunday. Most people do pick-up, they
offer delivery, and a few of us hang out at separate tables for a bit.
(Masks unless eating of course).
--Team meetings take place on the porch sometimes, when it is warm enough
(like 35 or 40 degrees feels warm these days).
--A family disaster means we have a parent using the guest room (the parent
come to their home during the day.)

Many households are choosing to be much more careful than this and they
stay away from the common house completely. Sometimes other families do
pick-ups or deliveries for those whose goal is to be more restrictive.

As a whole, everyone uses masks and keeps physical distance.