Re: offensive language in the game
From: Chris Hansen (itschrishansengmail.com)
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2021 07:25:49 -0800 (PST)
Interesting
I work internationally in mental health education and have heard it used
frequently by people who are not clinicians (and also by those who are) in
a pejorative and punitive manner
It’s often given as a diagnosis when a person is experienced as ‘too
difficult’ without exploring the history, context or meaning.
In the mental health system ‘personality disorder’ is a vague diagnosis,
often doubling as a way of invalidating a person.
We all develop our own life-strategies for survival- many of which are less
than helpful, and each of us has our own flavor of ‘disorder’ some are just
more socially sanctioned than others.  In my opinion Labeling and writing
each other off with pejorative labels and dismissing personalities as
‘disordered’ based on who-knows-what is not helpful, kind or inclusive,
even in jest.
Thanks ...