Re: Executive Board Minutes
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 17:14:29 -0700 (PDT)
Paper and key seems like the hardest and least secure approach here. I'd
suggest going electronic,

We store all our Trustee documents on Google Drive. We have a Google
"group" set up that contains the 6 trustees, and documents that need to be
kept private are stored in folders that are only accessible by members of
the Google group. When a board member leaves or starts, we add or remove
members from the Google group and...voila, security. Although the Google
Drive UI kinda sucks, it is very easy to manage access in my experience,
and thus a good solution for us.

I do want to reiterate what my fellow Mosaic Commons trustee Noel pointed
out: if a lawsuit (or heaven forbid a criminal case) is involved, any of
your documents, no matter how confidential, are subject to subpoena or to
"discovery" -- not meaning they can search the drive but that you are
required by law to provide the document or be in contempt of court.  And in
many cases, once submitted to the court, the documents become public
record. So be careful what you write down -- it could become public despite
your best efforts.

Diana