An Extraordinary Event: Connecting in Cohousing Conference
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 15:53:54 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all —

OM Goodness!  What a well designed, amazingly well conducted CohoUS Conference
via zoom!  When you add in the presenters … how fortunate to have an array of
cohousers and non cohousers share their wisdom throughout the 6 hours.

I attended the sessions on Conflict w/ Joe Cole, Mukunda Florida facilitated a
heartfelt session on different approaches by cohousing communities to Covid-19,
plus a session by Sarah Authors on a process developed by Peter Block.

Four things about the conference design stood out:  a get to know you
networking session early on, an exhibitors session (new this time), an open
discussion session (anyone could offer a topic or continue discussing a topic)
and, lastly, an after party get together.  The first three were terrific.
Alas.  No drinks or nibbles at the after party.  Come to think of it … no
coffee at the beginning either ...

Congratulations, CohoUS and all the folks who presented, attended, supported,
etc.

PS  Fear not!  Even if you couldn't attend, you will be able to view all the
main sessions once the videos are up and running.  I’m sure CohoUS will
announce how to do this very soon.

Onward!

Best —

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC
Ex. Dir. & Mbr. Board of Directors
Mid Atlantic Cohousing
Principal, Cohousing Collaborative, LLC
Falls Church, VA
202.546.4654

When Isaac Newton stayed home to avoid the 1665 plague, he discovered the Laws
of Gravity, Optics, and he invented Calculus

NOTE:  I’m switching back to using zabaldo [at] earthlink.net.  Many apologies!