Re: An Extraordinary Event: Connecting in Cohousing Conference
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 10:05:46 -0700 (PDT)
> On Apr 18, 2021, at 6:53 PM, Ann Zabaldo <zabaldo [at] earthlink.net> wrote:

> PS  Fear not!  Even if you couldn't attend, you will be able to view all the
> main sessions once the videos are up and running.  I’m sure CohoUS will
> announce how to do this very soon.

In addition to all the other amazing features that Ann detailed, this is one of
the features I value most. It make it worth paying for the conference because
then the tapes are always available. I missed a good portion of the conference
yesterday because I had conflicts but I can view the tapes later. And later,
and later. So far as I know these will remain posted at least until they are
too outdated to be useful.

There are also 4-5 sessions at a time so you can’t possibly attend all of them.

Another advantage of attending is talking to others. The discussion rooms serve
the function of the hallways at an in-person conference — randomly gathered
people raising random questions and bringing information that is also random.
There are many people who show up for these conversations who don’t post on
Cohousing-L. Even if they read, they rarely write. Plus you get to see what
people look like!

Sharon
———
Sharon Villines