Re: Affordable Cohousing
From: Diana Stanley (lustylusty.org)
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 13:09:30 -0700 (PDT)
Zev,

Is this process written into your governing documents? Was it vetted by a real
estate attorney? Would you be willing to share the parts of your governing
documents that outline this process? Does it only apply because the applicants
are buying below-market-rate properties?

My community is currently struggling with what sort of processes we can write
into our governing documents to achieve exactly the process you describe for
prospective new members of the community. We don't actually deny anyone,
however we want to require all of them to go through all the steps you
describe, so they and we are certain they know what they're buying into.

Thanks,
Diana
Phoenix Commons, Oakland, CA