Re: Deaf members
From: Chris Hansen (itschrishansengmail.com)
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2021 12:08:58 -0700 (PDT)
Non-sequitur (riffing off this post with apologies in advance) One of the
hats I wear is as a disablilty activist, so I’ve noticed this and thought
about it a lot also. I agree that we find out about each other’s unique
characteristics- I also think that some of these conditions make it hard
for people to contribute and be included as valued and respected citizens
in our western individual-centric communities, so in some respects this
attracts people to cohousing. I have found a disproportionate number of
introverts in cohousing also (having attended local, regional and national
coho events) and think this may contribute to it also.
Cheers
Chris
Burlington Cohousing
Vermont