Re: Need guidance on how established communities orient new members
From: Nan Henderson (nhendersonresiliency.com)
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 17:01:58 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Mac,

Thank you for your quick reply!  Interestingly, we had already come across the
great material you have posted on your website.
We have decided our committee will do a study group on your material, we are
that impressed!

A couple of questions:

1.  How do you manage your chat process?  It seems like it would be quite a bit
of work to provide all the options you provide...
who does that work/how is it done?

2.  We are very interested in your two circles.  Are you doing them in person
these days or by Zoom?  If you are doing them
virtually, is there any way one or two of us could "sit in" and observe?  Maybe
we could keep our video off so it wouldn't seem
so intrusive to have a new person or two, and of course, we won't talk, just
listen :-).

3. Finally, are there any folks in your community that train other co-housing
groups?  We are especially interested in your
chat process, your new membership orientation, your circles, and your conflict
resolution.  We have a little money in a training
budget and could offer some compensation.  If there is no one there, perhaps
you can share any resources that do training
that have helped you in these areas?

Thank you again for your response.

Sincerely,

Nan