Need guidance on how established communities orient new members
From: Nan Henderson (nhendersonresiliency.com)
Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 20:41:36 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings!
I am on the Membership Committee at Manzanita Village Co-housing in Prescott,
AZ.
We have a good Guidelines Manual for new members, and a "nuts and bolts"
orientation
of how to live in this community (the physical layout, committee structure, how
consensus governing works).

Several of us, though, want to provide an additional orientation for new
members on
"The Spirit of Cohousing" - how it differs from other groups, esp. H.O.A.s; the
kinds
of communication skills that are needed; and common struggles/conflicts new
members
have in cohousing and possible resolutions.

Have any of you developed this type of a New Member Orientation (for living in
an
established community)?  If so, could you share details with us, by using my
e-mail?

Thank you very much,

Nan Henderson
Membership Committee