Re: Important: Encourage people to join the list
From: Kathryn McCamant (kmccamantcohousing-solutions.com)
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 09:55:37 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks to Diane Carrol for her small focus group interview. Wow! It did make me
feel very old.

21 year olds are not really within our target markets yet, but millennials
(late 20s early 30s) very much are, so we do need to figure out what they look
to for information.

Katie
--
Kathryn McCamant, President
CoHousing Solutions

Nevada City, CA 95959

T.530.478.1970  C.916.798.4755
www.cohousing-solutions.com

On 6/16/21, 3:53 PM, "Cohousing-L on behalf of Diana Carroll"
<cohousing-l-bounces+kmccamant=cohousing-solutions.com [at] cohousing.org on
behalf of dianaecarroll [at] gmail.com> wrote:

    I just discussed this with a small focus group (namely, my 21 year old
    son.) It went something like:

    "If you were interested in diving deep on a new topic and you wanted to
    have discussions with other folks on the subject, where would you go?"

    "Reddit".

    "And if there was no sub-reddit for it?"

    "*shrug* I'd give up and just Google for information. Or maybe see if there
    was a YouTube channel or a Discord."

    "What if you found there's an email list on the subject."

    "A what?"

    "You discuss stuff with a whole group of people by emailing back and forth
    through email."

    "That's a thing? Um. No, I can't imagine needing to talk about it THAT bad.
    (pause) Seriously, you're pulling my leg, right?"

    "Oh come on, really? We use an email list in Mosaic all the time, that's
    how we discuss policies and what's going on in the community and so on."

    "Yeah, I've heard people talk about 'the email list' but I had no idea what
    it meant."