Input re: experience with hiring person/s to support seniors/
From: Ruth Hirsch (heidinysearthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 06:58:35 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Folks,

We are a mixed age, family friendly Community.  And btw,  if you know a family
seeking a wonderful neighborhood to raise kids,  pl have them get in touch.
For the first time ever we have two homes for sale.
We have started having Aging in Community meetings.  We were not developed with
supporting seniors in mind;  we were so much younger.  Surprise!

So, we are wondering:  have you had a care-taker person move in to your
community?
How did you work out the logistics?
One person has suggested we hire a care manager to oversee and try to get help
for needs as they develop.
Anyone who has done this, hiring a care-giver to help several households,  or a
manager,  or found other possibilities please let us know how that went.  We
welcome input of what did succeed and what did not.

In other words:  how are you supporting seniors in a range of situations— from
reasonably hale and healthy but having some painful conditions—  to needing
help with tasks of daily living including cooking, yard work, help with tech
stuff.

I have copied some info from Archives;  I  did not find and answers to these
questiions;   we’d be glad to hear from you now.

Glad to hear from you,
all best,
Ruth
Cantines Island, Saugerties