Expense reimbursement
From: Susan Rohrbach (sujaro539yahoo.com)
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 06:56:40 -0700 (PDT)
At Sonora Cohousing our system is much less complicated than some that have
been described. We have 2 debit cards and those who use it bring receipts to
treasurer to be recorded in accounting system. We have even arranged with feed
store that they automatically charge the debit card for repeat purchases of
chicken feed so team member does not need to show the card when picking up
supplies. For most other purchases people submit itemized receipts and get
credit toward their monthly dues. We rarely issue checks to homeowners with
this system and there is no complicated paperwork. Suppliers who invoice us are
paid through our banks bill pay service. Team leaders let treasurer know if
there are particularly large expenditures that team has approved. So far it has
worked but we have not been audited so perhaps we are naive.
Susan RohrbachSonora cohousingTucson AZ

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android