work participation agreements in aging community
From: Melanie Mindlin (sassettamind.net)
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 09:16:16 -0700 (PDT)
We also have a small community and have found that the challenges in equal
participation that you describe happen amongst all age groups.  Some people are
not very physically able by strength, skills or dexterity at any time of their
life, and cannot contribute equally to physical labor requirements.  Some
people are not as able to contribute to non-physical work due to lack of focus
or interest, emotional overwhelm or other factors.  In our community, older
people tend to contribute more because they have more time even if they are not
quite as fast at physical tasks as more able-bodied people.

Participation has never been equal in our community and some people experience
burn out.  I think this is a challenge for all communities, but especially ones
with only a few homes.

Melanie
Ashland Cohousing