Re: Potentially dangerous dogs in cohousing
From: Virgil Huston (virgil.huston1955gmail.com)
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 20:47:48 -0700 (PDT)
All dogs can be dangerous and the pit bull isn't even the breed that
has the worst potential. All dogs can also be wonderful. That is just
the breed that gets all the bad press. Banning pit bulls will not make
your community safer from potential dog problems and banning them
specifically would make people falsely feel safer perhaps. What about
chihuahuas? I love them (I love all dogs), but they are the most
vicious dogs I have ever seen. A study by the University of Helsinki
listed the 23 most aggressive dog breeds. Pit bulls are number 19.
Here are the top five: Rough Collie, Miniature Poodle, Miniature
Schnauzer, German Shepherd, and Spanish Water Dog. Welsh Corgis are
number 12. And chihuahuas come in at 16. It is all about how they are
raised and trained with any dog, not their breed. And, if you believe
size is the only factor, a small dog can hurt people, especially
children and other pets. The most horrible dog I personally have ever
seen was my parent's Shih Tzu that routinely bit my kids while my dad
blamed the kids for "provoking the dog." Only dog I have ever actually
hated. LOL.

A quote: ""In our dataset, the Long-Haired Collie, Poodle (Toy,
Miniature and Medium) and Miniature Schnauzer were the most aggressive
breeds," Professor Hannes Lohi said."

Regards,
Virgil