RE: marketing and websites
From: katie-henry (katie-henryatt.net)
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 11:12:20 -0700 (MST)
Here's an example of member profiles. They've been very effective.

http://www.easternvillage.org/members.html

Fred Olson wrote:

I have no evidence but I suspect those community's web sites that have
descriptive information about members might be a hook.  In other contexts
(community organizing generally) I've long noticed that people find other
people's stories facinating.  It makes things "real".  Real people have
real stories and real lives.

Sorry, I cant think of web site examples right off.