Re: Marketing and Websites
From: Michael Donovan (editoreventsnews.com)
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 19:54:43 -0700 (MST)
We also felt that our members were a strong incentive to join our community.
So we made them the focal point of the front page of our website:
http://www.villageinthecity.org. Each time you come to (or reload) our front
page, you will be presented with a picture different member. A pithy quote
is featured, sharing a part of cohousing that we are looking forward to. You
can click on the picture for more information or navigate through each
members pic in slide-show fashion. To futher strengthen the idea of
community, our slogan is: Live Among Friends.

Michael Donovan
Village in the City Cohousing
St. Louis MO

Fred Olson wrote:

I have no evidence but I suspect those community's web sites that have
descriptive information about members might be a hook.  In other contexts
(community organizing generally) I've long noticed that people find other
people's stories facinating.  It makes things "real".  Real people have
real stories and real lives.

Sorry, I cant think of web site examples right off.