Re: Executive Board Minutes
From: Noel Rosenberg (noelmosaic-commons.org)
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 12:43:41 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 6 Apr 2021, Lyn Deardorff wrote:

| Because sometimes they have to do with issues of clashes between two
| residents - and it would be injurious to report the discussion and/or
| action to the entire community.  In one case, for example, it ended up
| in potential litigation with our lawyer involved.  All Boards of
| Directors (and I have been on several) get into issues that should
| remain private.  And lawyers, when involved, will counsel this.
|
| Lyn

We don't treat our Trustees as a normal condo association would, as
treating them as a powerful entity is in my view anathema to a
community that runs itself and makes decisions by the plenary.

Our Trustees fill the legal role as required by our underlying legal
structure, but decisions are made by the community as a whole except as
delegated to us.

All of that said, if lawyers are getting involved, you should probably be
aware that anything you write down (paper or electronic) is potentially
discoverable in a civil suit, meaning those who are parties to the legal
case can request access to it.  I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on
TV, but if something has come to that point, I advise you to ask your
attorney about record-keeping.

-Noel

--
---Noel Rosenberg