Insurance - Directors and Officers
From: Janey Harper (jkharpertelus.net)
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 15:29:40 -0700 (PDT)
Here is more information to answer questions posted by list-server member:

Plan is for legal Agreement between TCV and Developer, signed before Permit
Application Process begins, that stipulates that only TCV Society members
will be able to sign an agreement to purchase a strata lot in TCV (plus
other matters related to design, etc.)

There will be a "good will" $ investment (from one member), in Development
Company that is funding the project, to ensure signing of legal Agreement in
TCV's "favour".
We have been working with the Designer/Architect/Developer for 3 years.
Great relationship.

We will not own/have to pay any $ until construction is complete, when
individual TCV members complete the purchase of their strata lot.
So, at this time, we only require 3rd party liability insurance for our
Directors and Officers.

Thank you Carolyn, Quimper Village, for the idea of coming in through the
back door, under guise of a request for Commercial Insurance.  Yes, will
talk with lawyer further about community liability in process of formulating
more detailed bylaws than are currently in our Society Registration doc.  We
are up-to-date on Directors' liability info.

Janey
TCV
The Coastal Village - A Community-Based Neighbourhood Society, managed with
Sociocracy governance processes