Re: Monthly assessments
From: Donna Spreitzer (dmspreitwheel.ucdavis.edu)
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 94 19:11 CST
As you know, N Street is a pretty low-budget operation.  Our fees have
been the same for two years.  Adults pay $12/month and kids are on a
sliding scale of $2-5/month.

Individuals facing financial hardship or unable to pay can place an
exemption note in the collection envelope in lieu of a check.

Our annual budget is about $8,000, $5,000 of which comes from
assessments.  It includes the following:  common house supplies, tool
repairs, replacement of equipment/utensils, outdoor improvements, common
house utilities and rent.

I liked the idea of having the assessment cover child care for
meetings.  I'll remember that next time we're redoing our budget!

Donna Spreitzer
dmspreit [at] wheel.ucdavis.edu
N Street Cohousing