RE: Pet Policy
From: Rob Sandelin (Exchange) (RobsanExchange.MICROSOFT.com)
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 11:06:49 -0500
Pets are second only to kids as the most difficult issues within=20
community.My advice is to clearly define WHY you need a pet policy=20
first, and get everyone to agree to the concept, then, and only then,=20
work on the specific details.  I can think of three reasons to have a=20
pet policy:
1. Protect wildlife. Lots of research these days to show that cats in=20
particular, but also dogs have a big negative impact on native local=20
wildlife.

2. Protect members. If I am alergic or just plain dislike cats, why=20
should I be inflicted with yours? Especially if my private outdoor=20
space is small.

3. Pet poop in the commons is a drag and limits use of lawned areas,=20
especially by kids who are more likely to track the stuff on their=20
shoes into the commonhouse and homes.

Rob Sandelin
Sharingwood
Where the pets are very much allowed, but very much controlled.