Pet Policy
From: Joani Blank (jeblankhooked.net)
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 03:07:38 -0600
Joe

I've heard Katie and Chuck say that the single most contentious discussions
in virtually every cohousing group in formation is pet policy, so I guess
it's not surprising you had a hard time with that one. I wasn't around for
the pet policy discussion at Doyle Street, but we ended up with a one dog or
two cats per unit per unit. We have 12 units here, 2 dogs and about 5 cats.
And no pets ever permitted in the Common House.There are also some perhaps
unwritten rules as well about cleaning up after your pet, and being
responsible for anything your pet destroys or damages.

Joani
Doyle St. and Old Oakland (Swan's Market), SF Bay Area, CA